Food Notes on a Thursday Night
So little boy bush picked Negroponte for head of all intelligence. He basically went for extreme loyalty. Bought and paid for. This will allow the Bushies to use the intel services for their own private little games. I suspect that big brother years are coming in earnest.
It's cold again here in central Illinois. Though I have been off this week has been a moody one, due to thoughts of mortality, my own and others. As I have said before, I am not afraid of checking out, but have too many responsibilities to let it happen anytime soon. But, Piper is doing well and we have had a great time playing this week. She is working on her letters and numbers and we have a lot of fun with that.
Tonight I am doing pizza, using some lowfat cheeses, roast garlic, some goat cheese and the remains of that prosciutto from the other day. I went to the sixth street market this afternoon and spent fifty quick dollars on olive oil, honey, sesame oil and some scharfenbarger chocolate (it was ten bucks! but is soo good). I would rather buy Cote D'or dark chocolate, but my local source has completely dried up and can't seem to get it any more.
Last night I braised a beef chuck roast, using some carrots along with the usual stuff. I used a handmixer and shussed up the carrots in the cooking liquid and put in a quick roux and got a wonderful gravy. We also had sweet young carrots, steamed on the stove, and quartered white mushrooms, sauteed in some butter and a couple of tablespoons of a dark balsamic vinegar. Rocking.
Kimberly is off tomorrow, so we are having a three day weekend. No special plans. Just being together as a family. Most of the joy in my life has come from being with my kids. This year is no different than any other.
May the Lady smile on us today. May She protect us from those who would lie for the sake of power. May She remember everything.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home